Hold in Sacred Prayer:
- Please pray for Sister Dorothy Reid and family. Her husband Bob Reid passed away yesterday. The service information is pending. You may send condolences to 10437 Mattock Ave., Downey, CA 90241
- Hold In Sacred Prayer – Sister Lessie Thompson and family. Her step-grandson Steven Thompson, Jr. passed away. The service is pending. You may send condolences to 13909 S. Wilkie Ave., Gardena, CA 90249.
- Hold In Sacred Prayer – The family of Willetta Washington. She will be funeralized on Friday, July 17, 2020, at 11:00 am at Inglewood Park Cemetary. It will be a graveside service at the Pacific Slope Plot. There is no limit of people that can attend. Practice social distancing and wear a mask.
The viewing will be Thursday, July 16, 2020, from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm at the Harrison & Ross Compton Chapel, 436 Compton Blv., Compton, CA 90221.
You may send condolences to Lillie Harris 920 S. Nestor St, Compton, CA 90220.
- Hold in Sacred Prayer the family of Cecil Whitmore. He passed on last Sunday. He will be funeralized on Friday, July 10th at 11:00 a.m. South Los Angeles Mortuary, 1020 W. 94th St., Los Angeles, CA 90044. You may send condolences to his daughter Corinthians, 1411 W. 98th St, Los Angeles, CA 90044.
- Funeral Service for Lloyd Spencer will be Thursday, July 2nd at 11:00 a.m. Mckay’s Mortuary, 3918 Marine Ave., Lawndale, CA 90260. Viewing is available from 10:0 a.m. – 10:50 a.m. for those who cannot attend the funeral do to the limit.
- Hold in Sacred Prayer the family of Rev. Dr. Frederick O. Murph. He passed away on June 2, 2020. He will be funeralized on Thursday, June 18th, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. The viewing is from 9:00 a.m. until 10:30 a.m.
The service will be held at Greater Bethel Cathedral, 4831 S. Gramercy Place, Los Angeles, CA 90062. The family is requesting 2-3 ushers from Grant to assist with the service. Ushers, if you are available please let me know ASAP.
Also, the family is asking that in lieu of flowers, that contributions, remembrances, and other expressions of love be forwarded to the Rev. Dr. Frederick O. Murph Memorial Fund, P.O. Box 14217, Irvine, CA 92623-9998.
- Hold in Sacred Prayer the family of Byron Washington. His mother passed on yesterday. You may send condolences to 16011 S. Denver Ave., Gardena, CA 90248.
- Hold in Sacred Prayer the family of Richard and Jacqueline Cochran. Their aunt Bille Vincent of Rose of Sharon Church passed away on Sunday. You may send condolences to 3331 W. 118th St., Inglewood, CA 90303.
- Please pray for the Baylark and Hayes family. Brother Lloyd Spencer passed away at 9:45 am this morning. He is the brother of Sister Ernestine Hayes, uncle to Sister Roselyn Morris, Sister Robin Bass, and Brother Cleveland Hayes. He is a cousin to Sister Cheryl Baylark.
Address for the Hayes and Baylark Family (Lord Spencer passed on Friday):Ernestine Hayes 2135 W. 124th St., Gardena, CA 90249.
The family also lost their cousin Mark Taplin this week. We thank you for your prayers.
- Hold in prayer the family of Norma Louise Posey the mother of Marion Posey one of our church members. She leaves behind eight children and many grandchildren and great grandchildren. The celebration of her life will be held at Ford Funeral Home in Memphis, TN on Saturday, June 13th, 2020. She will be laid to rest at Jones’ Chapel Baptist Church. Thank you for your prayers.
- Hold in prayer the family of Shirley Allen. She will be funeralized on Saturday, May 24, 2020, at 4:00 p.m. Long Beach Colonial Mortuary, 638 Atlantic Ave, Long Beach, CA 90802. (In case you will like to send flowers). You may send condolences to her husband Mat Allen, 1548 W. 123rd St., Los Angeles, CA 90047.
- Hold in prayer the family of Dr. Patricia Ann Morris DeVeaux (affectionately known as “Dr. Pam“) was the spouse of Bishop William Phillips DeVeaux, Sr. the 113th elected and consecrated Bishop of the African Methodist Episcopal Church. (More information will follow.)
- Jackie Solomon and the family of Jeff Taylor who passed away on Sunday.
You may send condolences to 133 W. 121st Pl., Los Angeles, CA 90061.
- Ashley Miller who recently lost her grandfather Willie Miller
- Cheryl Baylark who lost her uncle Tommy Williams.