Hold in Sacred Prayer:
- Please Hold in Sacred Prayer Sister Pat Harris. Her brother Frank Carr passed away. You may send condolences to 1226 244th St., Harbor City, CA 90710.
- Please pray for Sister Asberry who lost her nephew Darriel Phillips. He will be funeralized on Tuesday, September 15, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. McKay’s Mortuary in Lawndale, CA. You may send condolences to 2102 W. 134th Pl., Gardena, CA 90249.
- Please pray for Sister Lorraine Watson Hennington and family, Her husband’s brother Richard Hennington passed away. He will be funeralized on Thursday, October 15, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. at Forest Lawn Cypress. You may send condolences to 11912 186th St., Artesia, CA 90701.
- Please lift up in prayer Rev. Noella Buchanan. She lost her niece last week. You may condolences to 7051 Rockspring, Highland, CA 92346-5453.
- Please lift up in prayer Brother George Reed. He recently lost his brother. You may send condolences to 4446 W. 58th Pl., Los Angeles, CA 90043
- Sister Renell Davis and Family. Her husband Brother Arnett Davis passed on Tuesday. Service information is pending.
Sister Renelle Davis has requested that in lieu of cards and flowers that monetary donations be given to the youth organizations at Grant Church. Brother Arnett loved helping our youth.
Service for Brother Arnett Davis is as follows:
Viewing: Monday, August 3, 2020 from 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
3918 Marine Ave., Lawndale, CA 90260
Tuesday, August 4, 2020, at 10:00 a.m.
Rose Hills Mortuary
3888 Workman Mill Rd., Whittier, CA 90601
There is not a limit on attendance, however, you must wear a mask.
- Sister Claudette Payne and Family. Her brother James Payne passed away. You may send condolences to 8712 Endsleigh Ave., Unit F, Inglewood, CA 90305.
- Please pray for the Boston family.
Sister Aleta’s husband and Andrew’s father Dean Boston passed away on Friday, July 17th.
You may send condolences to 3126 W. 180th Pl., Torrance, CA 90504.
- Sister Annette Williams and family. Her sister Darlene Williams passed away. She will be funeralized on Thursday, July 23, 2020. You may send condolences to 10424 S. Central Ave. Apt#3, Los Angeles, CA 90002.
Celebration of Life July 23, 2020at 1:00 pm – 2 pm Graveside Service Rose Hill Cemetery, 3888 workman Hills Rd, Whittier, CA 90601Viewing: 10:00a – 12:00p McKays Mortuary, 3918 Marine Ave, Lawndale, CA 90260
- Hold in prayer Kirk Cavalier and family. His sister Michelle Stewart passed away. You may send condolences to 7580 Coronado Rd., Buena Park, CA 90621
- Hold in prayer Clarence Daniels and family. Listed below is the funeral service for his sister. You may send condolences to 149 E. 102nd St, Los Angeles, CA 90003.
Bro. Clarence Daniels, Sister, Dorothy Sams
Viewing: Thursday, July 16th (11am-5pm)
McKay’s South Bay Mortuary (3918 Marine Ave., Lawndale, Ca. 90260)
Interment: Friday, July 17th (11am)
Inglewood Park Cemetery (3801 West Manchester Blvd., Inglewood, Ca. 90305)
Manchester Garden (Sanctuary of Glory) Mausoleum. There is no limit of people that can attend the service at the Reflecting Pool and Fountain. Social Distancing and wearing of mask will be observed.
- Please pray for Sister Dorothy Reid and family. Her husband Bob Reid passed away yesterday. The service information is pending. You may send condolences to 10437 Mattock Ave., Downey, CA 90241
- Hold In Sacred Prayer – Sister Lessie Thompson and family. Her step-grandson Steven Thompson, Jr. passed away. The service is pending. You may send condolences to 13909 S. Wilkie Ave., Gardena, CA 90249.
There will be Grave Side Service for Steven R. Thompson Jr on:
Saturday, July 18, 2020 – 2:00pmForest Lawn Cemetery 1500 E. San Antonio DrLong Beach, CA 90807
Mask must be worn.
Viewing Saturday, July 17, 2020, Pending per Mortuary due to Pandemic.
- Hold in Sacred Prayer: Sister Alma Burch- Her husband Elzia Burch passed away last week..
He will be funeralized on Monday, July 20, 2020, at 10:00 am. You may send condolences to 2406 W. 152nd, Compton, CA 90220. The family is requesting that you don’t send flowers or bring food to the house.
You may send condolences to 2406 W 152 Street, Compton, CA 90220.
Celebration of Life Elzia Lee BurchMonday, July 20, 2020, 10:00 am Inglewood Park Cemetery720 E. Florence Avenu, Inglewood, CA 90301Viewing: 9:00am – 9:45amService: El Sereno Mausoleum (limited to the family)
- Hold In Sacred Prayer – The family of Willetta Washington. She will be funeralized on Friday, July 17, 2020, at 11:00 am at Inglewood Park Cemetary. It will be a graveside service at the Pacific Slope Plot. There is no limit of people that can attend. Practice social distancing and wear a mask.
The viewing will be Thursday, July 16, 2020, from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm at the Harrison & Ross Compton Chapel, 436 Compton Blv., Compton, CA 90221.
You may send condolences to Lillie Harris 920 S. Nestor St, Compton, CA 90220.
- Hold in Sacred Prayer the family of Cecil Whitmore. He passed on last Sunday. He will be funeralized on Friday, July 10th at 11:00 a.m. South Los Angeles Mortuary, 1020 W. 94th St., Los Angeles, CA 90044. You may send condolences to his daughter Corinthians, 1411 W. 98th St, Los Angeles, CA 90044.
- Funeral Service for Lloyd Spencer will be Thursday, July 2nd at 11:00 a.m. Mckay’s Mortuary, 3918 Marine Ave., Lawndale, CA 90260. Viewing is available from 10:0 a.m. – 10:50 a.m. for those who cannot attend the funeral do to the limit.
- Hold in Sacred Prayer the family of Rev. Dr. Frederick O. Murph. He passed away on June 2, 2020. He will be funeralized on Thursday, June 18th, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. The viewing is from 9:00 a.m. until 10:30 a.m.
The service will be held at Greater Bethel Cathedral, 4831 S. Gramercy Place, Los Angeles, CA 90062. The family is requesting 2-3 ushers from Grant to assist with the service. Ushers, if you are available please let me know ASAP.
Also, the family is asking that in lieu of flowers, that contributions, remembrances, and other expressions of love be forwarded to the Rev. Dr. Frederick O. Murph Memorial Fund, P.O. Box 14217, Irvine, CA 92623-9998.
- Hold in Sacred Prayer the family of Byron Washington. His mother passed on yesterday. You may send condolences to 16011 S. Denver Ave., Gardena, CA 90248.
- Hold in Sacred Prayer the family of Richard and Jacqueline Cochran. Their aunt Bille Vincent of Rose of Sharon Church passed away on Sunday. You may send condolences to 3331 W. 118th St., Inglewood, CA 90303.
- Please pray for the Baylark and Hayes family. Brother Lloyd Spencer passed away at 9:45 am this morning. He is the brother of Sister Ernestine Hayes, uncle to Sister Roselyn Morris, Sister Robin Bass, and Brother Cleveland Hayes. He is a cousin to Sister Cheryl Baylark.
Address for the Hayes and Baylark Family (Lord Spencer passed on Friday):Ernestine Hayes 2135 W. 124th St., Gardena, CA 90249.
The family also lost their cousin Mark Taplin this week. We thank you for your prayers.
- Hold in prayer the family of Norma Louise Posey the mother of Marion Posey one of our church members. She leaves behind eight children and many grandchildren and great grandchildren. The celebration of her life will be held at Ford Funeral Home in Memphis, TN on Saturday, June 13th, 2020. She will be laid to rest at Jones’ Chapel Baptist Church. Thank you for your prayers.
- Hold in prayer the family of Shirley Allen. She will be funeralized on Saturday, May 24, 2020, at 4:00 p.m. Long Beach Colonial Mortuary, 638 Atlantic Ave, Long Beach, CA 90802. (In case you will like to send flowers). You may send condolences to her husband Mat Allen, 1548 W. 123rd St., Los Angeles, CA 90047.
- Hold in prayer the family of Dr. Patricia Ann Morris DeVeaux (affectionately known as “Dr. Pam“) was the spouse of Bishop William Phillips DeVeaux, Sr. the 113th elected and consecrated Bishop of the African Methodist Episcopal Church. (More information will follow.)
- Jackie Solomon and the family of Jeff Taylor who passed away on Sunday.
You may send condolences to 133 W. 121st Pl., Los Angeles, CA 90061.
- Ashley Miller who recently lost her grandfather Willie Miller
- Cheryl Baylark who lost her uncle Tommy Williams.